Today, my David Hasselhoff presentation was featured on the ReadWriteWeb blog under the headline of Geeks Make Public Presentations Fun Again. While I certainly appreciate the free press, this does bring up the question of whether or not I am a geek. Let me list some common traits and behaviors of mine and maybe you can help me make the judgment.
- At some point of my life, I considered myself to be an athlete. I played competitive soccer in Europe, almost got my personal training license and have run a couple of marathons. As of late, my workouts have become more and more mundane however.
- I once had a job in Spain where my primary responsibility was to lure attractive females into a dance club. Everything was completely legal, of course.
- I brush my teeth, check my email, then go to sleep. Then I wake up, check my email and then brush my teeth.
- I receive approximately 300 emails per day, and can be rather awkward in face-to-face encounters. I also haven't opened my mail in a couple of months, which makes for a rather crowded bookshelf.
- I take my Kindle camping.
- I don't like comics, but do own a Wii and spend at least one night every week playing my favorite 15-yr old German soccer simulation game.
- I have been blogging since 2002 and run a number of different online businesses at any given time.
- I am taking Jen to the Oregon Coast for her birthday, and for me to get my scooter license.