Tomorrow, I am going to purchase a 15 year old (1989) Toyota Corolla Station Wagon. You are probably wondering why I am doing this, rather than buying a nice cushy 2003 Volkswagen Golf. Well, at the end of the day there were five things that made buying this Japanese rocket an easy choice.
1. I needed a car that saw the Berlin wall fall.
2. I needed a car that has seen Germany win the World Cup. That was in 1990 for all you uneducated out there.
3. I needed a car that knew its way around this city. My little Corolla has been driving the streets of LA for the past 15 years. It’s almost like one of those ultra modern navigation systems. Except, it’s not.
4. Now that I am not solely relying on my yellow bike to pick up girls, I needed a car that would win women over like no tomorrow. The right kind of women. The ones looking for a cheap, utalitarian kind of guy. Who has lots of space to put stuff.
5. I am from Germany. I live in the US. Why not drive a Japanese car?