My crazy fitness regime didn’t quite make it past the dinner with the boss and client. We went to dinner at El Gaucho which is arguably one of the best steakhouses in the US. And with good food come good beverages. With that being said, I portrayed exemplatory self control last night. Here’s how:
• Before the food came, I had my Martini with a twist rather than one of those salty olives.
• With dinner, I drank red vine, which arguably carries tremendous health benefits.
• I ordered my NY steak with saut褤 spinach. The buttery baked potato might have been a little overkill, but it’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to eating five servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
• After dinner, we went to a private cigar room where I made a point in snacking on the fruits and nuts platter rather than some unhealthy desert.
• And cigars are just really fancy herbs, anyways.
• Last but not least, I had my scotch on the rocks. Hydration is the key, folks.
Situations as such are why I build in the little volunteer option. It’s just kind of sad that I have to make use of it so early on. So next week, I’ll volunteer. What should I do?